Real Goodbye

Really nice arrangement twists in this. Mix is quite good. I might take some of the tom hits and move them a bit more to the sides, but that's totally up to you.

All that's really needed is some additional mastering that will widen the soundstage and tighten/glue the mix together.

The mix isn't quite there yet - sounds a bit 2 dimensional so any suggestions are welcomed, cheers!

Nice arrangement - I think your 2d assessment is correct - you need to de-cluster the vocals and instruments - then bring them louder and wider - the vocals could do with a little Plate and doubling or tripling to thicken them up. It's a good song - just need development.

I've thickened the main vocal with a short reverb, and stuck a longer one on the middle vocal, widened and added a touch of compression over the whole mix.
Thanks for the ideas.

I was going to suggest a touch of reverb on the vocal and then I saw your 2nd mix. It's working for you here. You got nice progressions, it's quite a catchy tune.

Hiya, I like the song, it's nice.

I don't hate the mix by any means but it sounds a bit flat maybe. If I was involved in this I think I might look at the dynamics which seem a tad high and compress the whole thing a bit more, it sounds a bit bright so I'd look to tame the highs, loose a couple of dBs around 1.5K and add a ton (that's a technical term) of low end saturation/harmonics around 50Hz.

Just as an example of the direction I would take it:

View attachment won't-do-it-again.mp3

Then I'd listen to it and sort out any balance issues that become apparent (that piercing hi-hat for example). I might even look at the tom that's panned right and sort out that resonance a bit.

That's just what I might do to nudge it towards a more commercial sound, you may prefer it the way you have it now on your second mix (y).

P.S. Hope you don't mind me messing with your stereo file.

HP, no, feel free to do what ever you wish, I'm flattered anybody taking the time to help but I do prefer the less compressed sound.
I love the mixes that Wet Leg do (no idea who their producer is), it sounds sharp yet balanced.

I can't offer you any technical advice to make a difference but thats a cool sounding song well put together 👍

Back