"Real" Drums? Maybe part 2

VertuGoGo

i tried following alan's suggestion, but when i go to "options" in sonar, the "soundfont" option is grayed out. the file i have open has one midi drum track. right now the drum sound is very "computery" and i really wish i owned a TD-10, which is what we used to record the midi track. i'm now trying to find a software solution to my problem. i tried the roland sound canvas but it's nowhere near the TD-10's quality. anybody know of a good software program with a really good drum sound bank? or if someone can assist me with my current problem of the soundfont option not being available?

You can't use the SoundFont option if you don't have a audio-card that supports soundfont (most Creative cards do).

But have no fear: Sonar comes bundeled with a demo of the Livesynth Pro DXi, which does the same thing. Just load up the Livesynth, open the soundfont and play like mad! :D

I use gigastudio which sounds great but because it's not a DXI it's a little harder to incorporate into Sonar.
As of late though I've been messing around with Cyclone which comes with Sonar2.If you import groove clips you can rearange the pattern within it,making one loop into multiple variations.
This elimanates the need to aquire entire loop libraries as one loop can be altered into multiple patterns.

Back