REAL Drum Hits

adrift

I just installed a SB live card and I want to make up some soundfonts with REAL drum samples so I can enhance the quality and realism of my songs.. drums have always been a sticking point..

it seems to me at least someone would have miced and put their samples online, but no where have i found anything usefull..

do i go out and purchase something? is there anything on the net?

ideas?

cheers, shawn

thanks matt..

i was actually in the process of ordering this collection.. the best of which i've come across so far..

It would be cool if members of this BBS could share custom drum samples through this site. Just an idea.
I think Fishmed (my memory isn't that good, so maybe not him) had some samples on idrive at one point. It would be cool to have each member's (those that wanted to contribute anyway) samples right here on homrec.com.

Nah ... it either wasn't him or he took the samples off. I'll try to get some samples out there on idrive within the next couple days. Something to do while I'm in this incredibly depressing creative lull.
The account is big-kahuna.

I'd be more than happy to record anyone drum tracks or just beats to be used in recordings. AS SOON AS I get some decent overheads...which unfortunately will be 2 months later... :(

I've got a stack of samples in my Juston account that I have previously made available and infact still are available. The URL's can be found in my original post from a few months back. Everyone is welcome to take a listen if you care to...
https://homerecording.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000042.html

dmcsilva also had some great samples in his juston account... but I'm not sure if they are still there. His post with his URL's can be found at https://homerecording.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/000024.html
If dmc's samples are still there, both mine and his should provide a sound set of samples with what to "build" your kit - they've certainly worked well for me.

[This message has been edited by Cooperman (edited 05-10-2000).]

thanks cooper..

i had previously d/l'ed dmcsilva's samples but i found them to be of poor quality.. a lot of buzz and artifacts.. less noticeable in the mix but still there..

big kahuna.. looking forward to having a listen..

adrift,

The URL's to my Juston account should work... they certainly work for me!!! Might be a Juston thing.. it's known to be temperamental - just keep trying. In my "kit" I'm using kick, snare and hi-hat samples from dmc's set, and then toms, ride, kick and snare (i use two samples to simultaneously for the kick and snare to get the sound I want). Then I use the freebie crash that you can download from www.2dcd.com

IMHO, the sound I can get is A LOT better than I thought it would ever be with sampled drums - I believe you've just got to take your time, find as many samples as you can, experiment to see what samples sound good together and then make sure you spare no expense at programming the samples realistically

If I get time over the weekend I'll post a little snippet of what I've been able to achieve.

OK... I have samples of my kit online now. That was a fun project. :)
These samples are homemade too, so I hope they work out for you. They're in 'kit1.zip' at idrive.com, account big-kahuna.

The whole zip is around 1MB and contains the following:
kick.wav
snare.wav
tom1.wav
tom2.wav
tom3.wav
crash1.wav
crash2.wav
crash3.wav
splash.wav
ride1.wav
ride2.wav
hihat cl.wav
hihat op.wav

I also did a quick loop too, it's in a separate zip file and is around 2.3MB. I'm a newbie drummer, so the loop is pretty basic :D

Hope you like the samples.

[This message has been edited by BigKahuna (edited 05-11-2000).]

Back