Ready for the big league?

If it's worth $700k, why is it being sold for $285k?

I dunno, bad part of town?

Tom Cram
dbx Senior Technical Support
(801) 568-7530
tcram@dbxpro.com

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
-Thomas Jefferson-

Tom Cram said:

I dunno, bad part of town?

Tom Cram
(801) 568-7530
tcram@dbxpro.com

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
-Thomas Jefferson-
:D :D
I guess its worth whatever you can sell it for.

how the HELL does that tkdisc stay in business? There is not one way in hell that bands in hawaii could support ONE properly equipped SSL room, even if it were the only studio on O'ahu. Nevermind two!

Its too bad the equipment isn't included in the $285,000 price

Actually, from what I can see, it IS included. This is a quote from the website;

Today the price still stands! and that is it! the price is 285K with or without equipment

Tom Cram
(801) 568-7530
tcram@dbxpro.com

-Thomas Jefferson-

Last edited:
"i would imagine lots of (big) bands from elsewhere record in that hawaii studio... that's just a guess though"

there were a couple tries, on Oahu and on the Big Island during the 80's and 90's to make " getaway " studios in Hawaii, but it didnt work out well for any of em. On maui I think walter beckers got sopme stuff and they do SD stuff there, but I think this tkdisc would have had to been " post or die" and I dont think theres enough post there even to keep TWO ssl 9000s floating

Tk disc is an interesting studio. The owner, TK is the main producer for all the pop bands in Asia. He is the 4th highest taxed person in Japan. Actually, Noone records there if TK doesn't want them to. He picks the clients, not the other way around. Mariah Carey, and Destinys Child recorded there, but only cause it was during TKS down time. Here's the kicker, He has two other studios that are identical to this one. One in Tokyo, and one in LA. 3 112 chan SSLs, and 3 96 chan SSls, and every piece of gear and mic you can think of. I remember once, TK wanted an underwater recording, and threw a 87 in a plastic bag and threw it in the ocean! BIG time money. When I met him, I stood up to shake hands adn everyone in the room was dead quiet like I was meeting royalty or something. What a trip!

Back