Re-mix

HoGung

Hey. I uploaded a re-mixed version of "Water Planet" using some suggestions from this site. I brought up the rhythm guitar, repanned some instruments, fixed the fade in and out, added some drums,an odd tweak here and there and something from Sound Forge XP I have not used before. It's very subtle but you notice it(maybe)without thinking about it and if any of you can figure out what it is I'll send you a copy of the CD I made here at home with the artwork etc. Both versions of the song are on the site, have fun. www.mp3.com/mitchellmorgan

What a difference....the new beginning is way better, more subtle, controlled....the mix is better flowing, really good..everything better period....I have no idea what you used from sound forge that's different this time, I was just so impressed by the general tweaking of the tune....great stuff.....still wouldn't mind the non-slide guitar coming up a bit, but that's not such a big deal now the mix is so different and nice....and I liked the mix the first time too I think but this one is so much cooler....gibs

Wizzerific stuff ya get here! Nice layed back groove...sweet guitar playing...

Really impressed Mitch..really.

HoGung,
There must be somthing in the water out there...Reno, Nevada, that is. Sweet tune, really. I have no idea what you did in SF...I just got lost in the guitar.

Keep it up!
Garger

WOW, psychodelic AND bluesy, two of my favorite things. I'm impressed. I didn't check out the old mix, because it's getting late and I wanted to sample a few other tunes from your site before I crashed. The mix sounded fine to me. There is some good guitar work on some of the other songs as well. when I have more time I will check out a few more. Enjoyed it, keep it up,.......peace ...................Ray J

Hey. Thank you for your responces and the compliments. Kaputo. No, I did'nt EQ the re-mix. Listen to "75 Car Pile-up". I barely used the prosessor on Water Planet but probably over did it on the Pile-up. Keep guessing I'm paying postage.

Other than the fade-in, the changes were mostly pretty subtle. I did notice the rhythm guitar being a little louder, I'd have to A/B a lot to pick out the other changes. What was the extra track again? Some sort of radio receiver? It kept freakin' me out in spots ;).

Love that slide the just keeps going up at 3:15-3:17.

My random guess on the mystery processor is "expand stereo image".

You're getting warm. The prosessor in question is one where you have to take in the song as a whole. The subliminal sounds are a police/fire scanner I recorded during a lightning storm.

You are so close, but no. Listen real close around 3:05.

[This message has been edited by HoGung (edited 07-30-2000).]

Hogung

Great tune - Kinda like "The Ventures meet
BB King. Did you do all of the synth stuff too?

Do you play in a band in Reno or pretty much just do home recording? I live in Susanville, which is just a hop and skip from Reno. We'll have to get together and compare notes sometimes.

mutt

Why not? E-mail me through my mp3 site with your adress we'll talk gear and whatever.
By the way, the mystery prosessor was the time expander/compressor. The louder parts were sped up slightly and the quieter parts the opposite to give the changes a more realistic feel.

Back