Re-format issiue

Buzu

Hi Guys;
it is my first time in this forum.
I had to format my computer usin windows XP. and re installed my SONAR 3.
The system isnow working but I lost my Pludin's (which I created)on the previous installation.
Is there a way one can retreave these plugin's?
Because every time I open an earlier file (.cwp or .cwb) it prompts me to locate the plugins,example timeworks or sonitus compressor etc.
Can someone help me please.
:(

Aren't these plug-ins included with certain versions of Sonar?

I thought the Sonitus stuff, for ex., was included with the S3 Producer Edition (I have the Studio Edition, so don't know for sure).

Are you sure you didn't overlook installing them when you reinstalled Sonar?

Plugins

Yes just like most plugin's oun would have different setting for different aplications. They come usually with the software but others don't. Some times we ceate our oun effects acording to our taste or needs, for example there exist a wide range of delay setting, or EQ settings. These must be saved somewere on the PC.
I wish to know were are they saved so I can make a backup for them in case I need to re-format the PC.

Oh, it seems you are speaking about "pre-sets" for plugins - not the plugins themselves.

If that is the case, you should not be getting an error message when you opne the project. The plugin settings are saved with the project. You should only get that message if you don't have the plugins themselves installed (or if Sonar is looking for them in a different place then where they are installed).

I'm not really sure, but I think that the named presets, which you can make yourself, are saved with the plug-ins. The particular settings saved in the project would tell it which plug-ins, which preset they had loaded, and then the differences that might have been made in the project manually.

So if he made an presets, they'll be gone unless he backed them up.

I'm sure the help that comes with the presets or with SONAR will tell you where they are kept.

AlChuck said:
So if he made an presets, they'll be gone unless he backed them up.

While that is true, it still shouldn't result in an error message when opening a project. The presets should simply be missing from the list of choices when he clicks on the "preset" pulldown menu from within the plugin. Missing presets will have no effect whatsoever on an existing project - since the plugin's settings within the project are saved with the project, whether they were based on a preset or not.

The only time he should get an error message upon opening a project is when Sonar can't locate the specific plugins themselves that were used in the project.

I've got pretty much the same problem ...

but I cant even OPEN the damn project ...
sonar just says :
ERROR
Plugin could not be loaded

not mentioning What plugin .. or any more information
is there any way to open the proj file without all the plugins .. so I could
at least retrieve the tracking information ...

I did a lot of cut copy paste editing in this project and I DONT wannna do that again ...

all help appreciated

Open the project in Safe Mode (hold down the shift key while opening). This will prompt you on whether you want each plugin loaded. Try them one at a time until you find the guilty party.

Back