Re-Amping

Cool, would be great to have all those options. Unfortunately I don't have any and need one versatile amp I can cart around with me.

When I'm recording a get a certain satisfaction from playing a track start to finish with no fuck ups, no copy and pasting, no editing out of errors. Probably why I'm obsessing over tone so much at the moment, I just want it to be right!

You're learning though. You're learning your equipment and to me that is very important. It might seem like obsession, and maybe it is, but I think if people obsessed more and settled for shit less, we'd all be better off.

I think part of it comes from the limited time I get to record, so that when I press the red button at recording volume I want to be well rehearsed, get it right and not have to repeat it.

I think I just didn't really think about tone until relatively recently, I was just thinking about the songs, now the songs are mostly written I want the fuckers to sound good.

Going back to re-amping cos I'm getting sidetracked moaning about "bloody kids these days" and obsessing over tone. Re-ampijg could be a handy way of working on tone, cos instead of playing you could be fiddling with the knobs and concentrating on what differences they're making

According to wiki EVH's tracks on the debut album were reamped in Sunset Sound ' live room. I know he also used an echoplex to get that awesome echo as well. His tone is one of my favorites for that style of music.

Re-amping could be a handy way of working on tone, cos instead of playing you could be fiddling with the knobs and concentrating on what differences they're making
You know, that actually makes a lot of sense - especially in a situation like ours (and probably most of us on this board, actually). Lay down a short track and mess with the amp knobs then, instead of trying to adjust with a guitar on your shoulder... Although I'm now curious if there would be a big difference in how it sounds with those adjustments while using the reamping technique versus actually playing around with the guitar between making adjustments and tracking that. I'm going to have to play around with that this evening and see. A simple riff recorded with certain settings and DI'd, mix up the settings and reamp the DI signal with the same settings. Hmmm...

Back