Rate this song please

Crysiq

I am going to release this song soon. Can you guys give me a bit of feedback on how i can improve it? also if the vocals are good or not. I am new to this. (also rap is going into the second verse).

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Crysiq, you need some bass in there, as in instrumentation and the kick. Vocals are good, sounded a little restrained in places, but I don't know if that's as intended.

The kick drum doesn't seem to have much bass frequency, and there doesn't seem to be a bass instrument, as in rock you would have bass guitar, here you need a synth bass.

Alright i took your advice and i remade it. added some bass. not sure if its too loud or anything but mind listening again? thanks i appreciate it guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that sounds a lot better. Still maybe lacking a kick drum unless I'm missing the vibe of the song, it just seems that with the sounds your using the beat should have a bit more ooomph. It sounds good though. Your vocals remind me of Brain Molko of Placebo.

The bass is now helping to ground the song. Listen for the quiet passages (e.g. I will put my trust in you) and accent the message by leaving something out or possibly bringing it way down.

oh i see, yeah i took the bass out of the "I will put my trust in you" parts. I can get what you were saying there. I also turned the bass down a bit so it fits into the song. (not too much though). thanks for the help guys, i will probably repost the full song before i release it soon after i record more vocals. thanks again

Back