Rate My Website...

Jhae

Built and designed by yours truly. been working on it a lil by lil ever since August of last year for my indy label. Finally it's time to show the public...

http://www.getitright-records.com

Please let me what you guys think, suggestions, comments, etc. Critisism is good!

couple of things to streamline but first of all...

phat site... great imagery... the inclusion of a message board is a great idea... what kinds of followings do your artists have? maybe you want to have them do hosted boards, or chats for fans?

a note on flash... search engines can't read it, so when they scan your page, all the text relating to your artists is lost, you're limited only to your meta tags... you might want to consider html versions, or figuring out a way to get all your text into html, and using smaller flash objects for the spice and animation

contact info: it doesn't say where you're at... I couldn't find it anyway... what about shows where your artists are playing? I thought your community page would have more of this stuff.

Also, what about recruiting artists... do you want submissions? what do you offer them? where can someone buy your artists' stuff?

Like I said, it's a phat looking site... keep with it, you definitely have some web skill... the number one thing that brings people back is content... so keep beefing it up, and bribing all your friends, artists, etc... to fill up that bbs.

hope this helps.

~Rich

jazzrich9 said:
couple of things to streamline but first of all...

phat site... great imagery... the inclusion of a message board is a great idea... what kinds of followings do your artists have? maybe you want to have them do hosted boards, or chats for fans?
>> Thanks, yes I have planned to do some live chats and fan interaction once we work on garnering a fanbase. Right now, know one knows who we are. I plan on working to change that in 2004 :)

a note on flash... search engines can't read it, so when they scan your page, all the text relating to your artists is lost, you're limited only to your meta tags... you might want to consider html versions, or figuring out a way to get all your text into html, and using smaller flash objects for the spice and animation
>>true, i admit i neglected to think of this... a lite version of the site is currently in development.

contact info: it doesn't say where you're at... I couldn't find it anyway... what about shows where your artists are playing? I thought your community page would have more of this stuff.
>>bingo. you hit the nail right on the head...how are people supposed to contact us with no contact info...? the community portion needs a serious overhaul. im going to work on that immediately.

Also, what about recruiting artists... do you want submissions? what do you offer them? where can someone buy your artists' stuff?
>> Not really something I'm trying to do right now, but admittedly would make the site look more proffesional.

Like I said, it's a phat looking site... keep with it, you definitely have some web skill... the number one thing that brings people back is content... so keep beefing it up, and bribing all your friends, artists, etc... to fill up that bbs.

hope this helps.
>> DEFINITELY. Thanks for checking it out, I'll update you on the changes you suggested when implemented.

great site........
Love the black & white look and the artists in colour
Easy to get around on
Jazz nailed the contact stuff

That was the easy part now the work begins getting folks to find ya
Good Luck

Those guys are some down ass mofos. I sure wouldn't want to be caught in a dark alley with the P. Diddy look-a-like one. (but he is missing the toothpick)

I like your site. It is clean and a nice way to accent with color.

Money and hoes, Everybody wants some, everybody needs some!

O'reilly need hoes too!

Annapolis said:
I like your site. It is clean and a nice way to accent with color.

O'reilly need hoes too!

Hahaha. Yes, everyone needs $$$ and hoes. Even Mr. O'reilly.

Back