Rate me singing!

nueve said:
2. Take some lessons, try to learn to use the diafragm, seriously.

He is taking lessons and what's a diafragm? Ohh, wait, you meant diaphragm, seriously.

I don't think its so much that someone cant take advice man its that you cant SPELL!!!!!!!! But It wasnt as bad a i thought it would be. But there deffinitly room for improvement like pitch. On a lighter note though there are so many stars out there that cant sing. They can in a studio because they have $25,000 - $30,000 dollars worth of equipment.
EXAMPLE just a few :

1. AVRIL lavine
2. Linsday Lohan
3. HIlary duff
4. ASHLEE SIMPSON
;)

nueve said:
someone doesn´t like advices.

:confused:

Did I say I didn't like your advice? I simply stated that HE ALREADY IS TAKING SINGING LESSONS and was joking about the diaphragm thing. A vocal teacher I'm sure would have covered that with him. :D :D

well, let's start.

1. English isn't my natal language, sorry for the mistakes.

2. What? ¿¿¿On a lighter note though there are so many stars out there that cant sing. They can in a studio because they have $25,000 - $30,000 dollars worth of equipment.????, dude! for christ! to hell with those chicks!, I'm talking about musical knowledges, the musicians!! 'cause that's we are talking about, not some superstars, who cares about the billion dollars they spent recording??, I'm trying to help this guy to sing his music. he expects some serious critics.

cool cool.... uh not to be mean guys but let's keep focus lol

Seriously though, so What I said in my previous comment is accurate?

SO basically what I'm getting from the feedback your giving me is....

1. Get a better recording done :P

2. Continue to take lesosns in order to help smoth out parts where I'm off pitch, and to sing from diafram... ext basically sing properly....

3. When singing only sing songs if I have a genuine understanding or conection with the song. Truly mean the words that are sang. Don't just sing a song trying to match the notes and style of the singer. Just realax and kinda go with the flow of the song..

4. Having every note perfect doesn't matter as much as feeling the song and delivering it with passion.

so does that kinda sound right?

Please continue to leave feedback it really helps!!! Thank you for your posts already as well..

p.s. I have found posting to this forum to be the most helpfull! Everywhere else I go I don't really get any detailed feedback. a bunch of people are like "oh your good" or "pretty good but stick with the lessons" or "you missed some notes"... ect I mean, it's feedback but not really helping me out all that much, but here... I mean I have learned more from the feedback here than everywhere else put together!!!!

Please keep it coming :-) thanks!

The material that you sing is only as good as your performance. Work hard on strengthening your vocal range and always keep in mind that you need to sing from your belly. It sounds a bit like you are putting alot of the stress of singing in your throat. When that happens it usually puts your pitch off a bit and hinders your ability to really blast out during a crescendo, hence the forced tone of the vocal. Another hint would be to push harder in your belly when you hit the higher range of your vocal register. Maybe do some pitch practice such as lay on your back and try to hold a note steady for as long as you can over and over. It will help with your vocal control.

You do not have a bad voice and practice makes perfect with vocals just like with any other musical instrument.

Hope that helps a little. ;) :)

read the first few flames, got bored... so i skipped to the end to post my own comments. I thought the MGB was done pretty well, i mean comon that guy has a difficult voice to emulate in the first place.

More importantly, you guys are flaming him for using too much reverb?? get serious, it's obvious that this wasn't done in a professional studio and to give pointless critism like that is toolsih. Man take one piece of advice, lots of people have commented on this post but how many of them have you seen post their own stuff?

So to sum up, answering your question, i though the vocals were ok. You are no Celine Dion but i have definately heard a LOT worse!!! and by that i mean a lot worse.

Sweet! Thank you for the compliment. Serioulsy, It's great to get people giving feedback with the odd compliment help out :-) too much negative (even if constructive) can be disheartening. BTW I'm from Canada too lol.

Yeah I will fro sure stick with the lessons and I may even look itnot getting lessons at another place too. Also I really wanna try to write some of my own stuff because well Let's face it. I don't want to have just another karaoke voice emulating every singer I hear sort of thing. I really want to find my own style.

Thanky ou for your feedback more is of coarse welcome! And I will continue to work on stuff that I have learned. Thanks again for your feedback and keep it coming :-)

minofifa said:
More importantly, you guys are flaming him for using too much reverb?? get serious, it's obvious that this wasn't done in a professional studio and to give pointless critism like that is toolsih.

I imagine I'm lumped within the flaming group? Maybe I was a little harsh, but I was expressing my opinions on what I heard (and went back and listened again). Too much reverb does have an affect on how a voice sounds. When monitoring your voice while recording, it can somtimes make one over confident in their performance - thus leading to not really hearing what is going on (lack of clarity). On the flip side, some vocalists do better hearing reverb.

I'm not saying that happened here, this is just how I feel and what I've experienced. I guess when I come in here, I tend to weigh more heavily on the recording, mixing, etc. and sometimes dont comment enough on the performance. I am be no means a professional vocalist, and will keep my opinions to myself from now on. I apologize for my wrong doing and will do my best to correct my ways in the future. :D

Last edited:
Jambon,

Keep working at it and certainly don't get discouraged by any comments. I'm by no means a professional vocalist, and was in fact told some similar stuff in my past - feel what you're singing. Don't think too hard about what you're singing, just do it. It is indeed refreshing to see someone come in here and not claim to be "the cats ass", and at least be doing some proactively towards something they love to do.

Peace.

well thank you all for your advice.... I'm gonna try to take it into consideration when I sing.......

Guess no one else is gonna reply... find it kinda funny how over 500 people have listened yet there are only 30 some replies!

But anyhoo yeah I'll seriouolsy take in to consideration all the advice I've gotten here thanks!

well I added a new song to my site. I took into account what people said. It's not my own song yet but, well I'm working on that. Check it out if you want. Thanks again for all your feedback it helps!

one thing that will make you sound better is if you are famous... it has a psychological effect on people, including everyone here. famous people sound better... even if they don't... listen to some old beatles songs and they are off sometimes. but they're the fucking beatles. or listen to stevie nicks... I really don't like her voice, but she's famous, so it sounds better.

dude, I don't want to discourage you in any way. I think if you spent 6 months or a year with a real vocal coach and practice your butt off you might be able to get your voice somewhere. Right now you're very pitchy, you need to work on mic technique for consistancy of tone, honestly you remind me of those out of tune kids on at the beginning of American Idol. Yoiu know the ones I mean, the ones who think they can sing and throw a fit when Simon tells them the truth.

Find a really good vocal coach and work for a year real hard then post your singing, you'll probably blow us away then

KING pro duck shun

Am I the only one who thought it was funny that King Production said this, "But there deffinitly room for improvement like pitch." --right after he told someone they couldn't spell?
Looks like there's DEFINITELY room for improvement with writing and spelling! lol I hope you were only kidding, King.

Anyway, I give you props for asking for advice in a forum like this. If it's in your heart to learn your instrument, you must be able to take criticism.

Learn YOUR voice and not how to sing like someone else. Only you can be you. Be yourself. The pitch/control will come in time if you let it.
I think you have potential.

Back