rare snare...any info?

clevodrummer

Tascammer
I recently acquired a very rare snare drum that supposedly most collectors, etc. I know have never even seen. It is an Olympic snare which was part of Premier big time in the early days. I believe it is a 1960's model 1003 with either a lavender sparkle wrap or a Premier experimental color.

Here is the rarity...it is 14" x 6.50" [/I][/B]and although it was rumored Premier/Olympic built less than five of this size, I surely cant substantiate this. But I have one which has me very curious. I will post a pic..It is 100% original including the heads and stand.

If anyone has or can lead me to anyone who has any knowledge of this drum I would greatly appreciate it. BTW it sounds absolutely beautiful. I will try and enclose pics.

Attachments

• fivepicsolympicwtape 001.jpg
    fivepicsolympicwtape 001.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 154
  • fivepicsolympicwtape 002.jpg
    fivepicsolympicwtape 002.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 100
sorry about the pictures...dont know why they are so damn big..

clevo... hey i am an old fart, what do you expect? i still use a Polaroid 1 step..finding film is a bitch but i love the whir of the motor when the picture miraculously comes out the front of the camera..

That looks more like a 5-1/2" depth, not 6-1/2". You measure only the wooden shell depth from bearing edge to bearing edge, (exclude the height of the metal hoop).

Back