Rap beat into dubstep

newbie956

I'm producing on rap beat but I want the chrous part of the beat to transition into a dubstep kinda vibe...how would I go about doing this?...as in types of kicks snares bass...n other instruments...do I have to change the bpm of the beat? Any help would be appreciated

I'm producing on rap beat but I want the chrous part of the beat to transition into a dubstep kinda vibe...how would I go about doing this?...as in types of kicks snares bass...n other instruments...do I have to change the bpm of the beat? Any help would be appreciated
Don't change the BPM. Best bet is using a deeper kick, different hats, maybe a "snappier" snare?

Do you have a sample for the rap, or are you making your own loop?

i have samples mixed with my own loops ....the part of the track i want to change up is my own loops using different synths... all i have for that part right now is a bass line,n some melody chords..im still trying to figure out what kicks n snares to use n maybe some extra electronic type of sounds...i dont wanna add to much i still have to leave room for some vocals..

ive attached a sample of the beat....the part i want to switch up begins at 16sec

Attachments

• save me beat sample.mp3
    2.5 MB
i have samples mixed with my own loops ....the part of the track i want to change up is my own loops using different synths... all i have for that part right now is a bass line,n some melody chords..im still trying to figure out what kicks n snares to use n maybe some extra electronic type of sounds...i dont wanna add to much i still have to leave room for some vocals..

ive attached a sample of the beat....the part i want to switch up begins at 16sec
Nice. I would suggest just experimenting with the drums, maybe post different versions and I could help guide you based on that?

Back