random audio dropping from the mix

banjo71

I've been having problems with random audio dropping from the mix, even though the signal is still there in green showing it's not a missing file. I can usually save, close, and exit Pro Tools, and come back into the same session and it will reappear again. But sometimes it freezes while I'm trying to exit the program, and I must reboot.

Any ideas?

You're the lad who had issues relating to a RAID card, right?

I'd get on to avid.com and look for their hardware compatibility lists.
Make sure your motherboard and all other hardware are supported and, if so, make sure all your drivers are up to date.

Protools prefers that audio be stored on a separate drive from the system drive. That's a pretty common one worth checking.

If you haven't already (I might have suggested it in the other thread), run the protools preferences trasher.

I finally found the Windows 7 Troubleshooting and Optimizations in the Avid knowledge base... it's kind of hard to find if you don't know what you're looking for. I deleted pref's and I unchecked the "index option for files on this drive" for my external hard drive. Two major things that boosted my performance.

OK, cool.
Might be too early to tell, but do you think that has solved the problem?

I've found that Protools just completely spits the dummy out if the slightest thing doesn't please it. :p

I think so. I totally forgot to uncheck the option to index the files on my external hard drive. But I guess ProTools demands a lot of exact preparation.

Back