Rad Void Instrumental [Critical Critique Request]

BillyBenson

Here's a beat I made today. I make my beats in FL 10, and mix them in Adobe Audition CS6 with select wave plugins (Mostly H-EQ, my Fav) and stock eq/comps. I plan on rapping over this for practice purposes..
I'd like for someone to tell me if it's good enough for vox to sit in.. I honestly just tried, and got some pretty satisfactory results, and though mixing is to taste, I'd like for somebody who really knows what their doing to let me know what could be better. Thank you in advance :)

Sounds quite 'canned' and a bit overbearing with that clicking thing on the left track, but hard to say what others would consider 'good enough'. I myself would suggest to someone who wanted to track vocals to the track in my studio, to pick another. Whether vocals could sit in it is not something anyone can tell you. Try it yourself and see. :)

Sorry, you asked for critical critique.

Don't apologize, haha. It's what I need. When you say canned, do you mean over compressed?

Naw man 'canned' in this sense means that it sounds used before. Simplistic and nothing unique that has not been heard previously.

Don't get me wrong man, I know you are doing something that you enjoy. Just try to make it unique to 'YOU'.

I see, I see. I'm new to this world's terminology.
I do appreciate your feedback!
As far as the clicking.. ahh, it's happened before. I need a new drumpad.. or kit . >__< been too cheap to buy another.

It likely not the drum pad man. It is just the sound of the sample in the mix that is too pronounced to me.

Remind you that my opinion does not equate what is good for you or others. Just my opinion. There is no right or wrong, but you asked for an opinion. Take it for what it is worth. :)

Back