Rackmount vertical?

BiggerBear

This is my first post, so hi to all.
I just had a space-saving brainwave to mount my presonus firestudio vertically instead of horizontally, which would fit snuggly beside my pc tower. Anyone done this? I know all the writting would be the wrong way up but I never read it anyway.

Thanks.
BBear

Yep . . . that'll work

see:firepod.jpg

I have my firepod upside down. That's because the best spot for it is on my right, and I want the inputs away from me and the controls close to me.

This is my first post, so hi to all.
I just had a space-saving brainwave to mount my presonus firestudio vertically instead of horizontally, which would fit snuggly beside my pc tower. Anyone done this? I know all the writting would be the wrong way up but I never read it anyway.

Thanks.
BBear

Seeing how they make 500 series modules of a lot of hardware stuff that fit vertically in a smaller space....it's not a crazy concept. In a 3 rack space, you can fit 8-10 modules in a 500 series frame, which their horizontakl counterparts would need 8-12 rack spaces.
Only down side with them is that they are jammed and crammed in there, so all the controls are real tight.

But yeah...you can flip your gear around...ain't nothin' gonna spill out. ;)

Back