Rack order links ?

blank9696

I'm looking for any article links with information about the best way to setup your outboard gear racks. Where exactly should you have the power conditioner / pre amps / tubes vs digital gear , especially when they must all share the same rack. Thanks

Rack Order

There is no right or wrong way. However, here are a couple things you might want to keep in mind. Units that require constant adjustment should be at a closer reach so you won't have to keep standing/bending during a session. The units that operate at a higher temperature should be placed further at the top. Keep in mind, heat rises and avoid having units heating up more sensitive gear. Lastly, ensure proper ventilation. If you have space and budget for ventilation spacers, please use them on tube units and hotter units.

I'm looking for any article links with information about the best way to setup your outboard gear racks. Where exactly should you have the power conditioner / pre amps / tubes vs digital gear , especially when they must all share the same rack. Thanks

Thanks. What about power conditioners ? On the top or bottom ? I read an article that said for live rigs it should be on the bottom. What about in house ? Oh , and would it be ok to have a patchbay directly on top of a tube pre ? It doesn't generate any heat but it does not leave any room

Back