rack ears for TM-D1000

lpdeluxe

The Precision Bass Guy
I bought a Tascam TM-D1000 a few years ago, and got the rack ears for it. Recently I acquired a second one of these mixers and discovered that the ears are no longer available (Tascam does carry the power supply, however). I saw a pair of rack ears on eBay for (last time I looked) $89!

Here's the solution: there's a drawing of the rack ears in the operating manual. I made a copy of the drawing, and measured the ears I already had. They are L-shaped in cross section, with the short leg (where they attach to the mixer) 1/4" wide, then 1" wide where they attach to the rack, and the depth is about 1-1/4". Each bracket is 5" long. The rack holes are evenly spaced, centered about 1/2" from the inside edge. There are 4 of them, with the outer 2 4" from the inner 2 and the middle 2 3" apart. I don't remember the spacing for the screws where the ears attach to the mixer, but you can use the existing 3 screws or 5 (there are threaded holes for 5, and the factory rack ears came with 5 screws for each side); these are easily measured from the mixer body.

I took all this to a metal fabrication shop, who made up 2 sets for $30.

Back