Rack amp and effects switcher for guitar

guitardude520

So I am finally putting all guitar pedals, effects, etc in a rack with a rack controller. I basically want a rack unit that can change channels on my mesa, and also control pedals and an effects processor if need be. I am also looking for a good midi foot controller to control this rack unit as well.

So, I have seen 3 that are in the game.

Rocktron patchmate
Voodoo labs gcx
RJM Rack Gizmo

so wondering peoples thoughts on them, or if they know of anything else?

You may want to post this over on one of the guitar forums, since you may find more experienced live performance users over there. But of the three I'd pick the Gizmo... Though if you want to save money it looks like the Voodoo Labs GCX will give you the same features... The Rocktron isn't a rack component and looks as though it may be problematic to utilize in the manner your describe. So if you've got money to burn... Gizmo, if not, Voodoo

I was leaning towards the gizmo as well. Thanks for the post. I will make sure to keep my more guitar related posts in a more appropriate thread.

I will make sure to keep my more guitar related posts in a more appropriate thread.
This is the right place to post this... it's just that the guitar forum would be the better place. I wasn't scolding you, just advising... steering you towards the right answer

Back