R8 Drive Problem

elmerfunk

To Infinity..and Beyond!!
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Fostex R8 has a drive belt to drive the capstan? I picked up a R8 from a friend and it'll FF and REW but not play. The capstan is not turning. Can anyone help me? Thanks

Thanks Dave.....you wouldn't happen to know what size belt it takes? I'd like to try getting one from the link that you posted in the Tascam 38 thread I started.

Before I start tearing into this machine does anyone know or has anyone changed the drive belt in one of these before? The Tascam was fairly simple. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey I got it.....Little bit more involved than the 38, but it's a done deal...works perfect...Thanks again

I found a belt at a local VCR service place. It works perfect. I've just been playin with it. You really have to dig into it to change the belt though. I wish my 38 was working perfectly.....but that's a whole nuther story....check out Tascam 38 woes...A Reel gave me some ideas, but I'm still stuck. BTW Herm I dig the drum sounds.....hopefully I'll be able to throw some stuff yer way soon....Thanks

An R8 in nice condition is a great little recorder!

........................;)

Attachments

• e9_1.jpg
    e9_1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Back