QY100 sequencer:need better sound quality; don't wish to write on computer.Help!

remington

Hello. Currently writing from guitar to D3200 to Pro Tools for mastering. I currently don't have access to sounds via ProTools (another thread) although there are thousands of them hanging around inside my computer. I would like a sequencer I can get used to quickly from or incorporating the QY100. The trouble is that I look at all the adverts and I still don't know. many thanks.

Hello. Currently writing from guitar to D3200 to Pro Tools for mastering. I currently don't have access to sounds via ProTools (another thread) although there are thousands of them hanging around inside my computer. I would like a sequencer I can get used to quickly from or incorporating the QY100. The trouble is that I look at all the adverts and I still don't know. many thanks.

:confused:
Not sure what you're lookin for here dude.
I've got a QY100. Nice little unit. 16 tracks, quantizing. pretty decent drums and vocal fx etc. Haven't used the guitar or amp sim in it.

Whatcha lookin ta do?

I love the QY100 very much for writing (and listening on phones), and the amp sim is pretty good as well. There are two problems: One is that the polyphony is limited - I suppose that's a common problem with sequencers - and I like a lot of things going on quite often; the other is that the individual sounds aren't solid enough through speakers. I don't think there are many oscillators involved. Thanks for your reply.

Answer Dogbreath's question. What is it you want to do?

Why don't you want to use your computer? Pro Tools is a sequencer, and much more.

Is it the portability of the QY100 that you like, so you can write and record music while out at a coffee shop?

Are you looking for a new synth, with more polyphony?

Etc., etc., etc.

Sorry -good point.I need to get better educated and get some technical help creating music from scratch on Pro Tools using inbuilt Kontact sounds, which I can't currently access. I think there is a bit of a psychological block there ever since my blank computer arrived with dozens of CDs and either no instructions or some which were only partially comprehensible to me. Time was short, and I made little progress over quite some time. My previous experience was pre-digital. I think this explains why the mastering aspect of Pro-Tools is the first area where I have made any progress. Meanwhile the songs and tracks were coming along anyhow. I already enjoyed writing and arranging on the QY100, so I opted for a stand-alone recorder which I have to use elsewhere because of noise issues, and I use this in conjunction with QY100. The Pro Tools project is now moving again, but may be a while yet. In the meantime, I was hoping for a better quality of sound than the QY. I like the portability but the writing seems tied in with those specific sounds, So far, when anyone else has been able to extract the midi data and re-allocate new sounds it has always seemed not to work, requiring a start from scratch. That leaves me simply wanting a better QY100: the backing track is almost totally finished by the time the vocals go on; I don't want to have to struggle so hard to make the QY sound as good through speakers as it does in headphones. More quality and more polyphony please- thanks for message.

Back