Quick vid of me playing drums

NegadivOne

Alchemy slut
This is a clip of me just messing around on my drums so my brother could test out his new camera. I didn't have a ride cymbal here, waiting on my new one to arrive. The snare is a 13x7 keller maple snare I assembled myself, I was really happy with the way it sounds, I've never heard it recorded before. Anyways, kind of rough and sloppy but let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jf-ZNseC1w

Nice playing neg. Sounds good! Sounds too good to be just the camera mics. Can you list the mic set up and audio path? How did you get the audio and video together?

Thanks guys! Youre right Rez, its not the camera audio. I've got an Audix i5 on top of the snare, sm57 below, 57 on my rack tom, beta52 on my floor tom, Audix D6 inside the kick a few inches from the batter head, SP B3 out front a few inches from the reso head, and rode nt5's in XY overheads. I'm gonna try them out as a spaced pair soon though. And they run into a firepod then I edit in adobe audition.

Me and my brother put it together with windows movie maker. We just imported an mp3 of the audio recording and muted the audio from the video.

Haha yup I love that snare. It turned out so well I can't wait to build more. I'm thinking my next will be 14x8.

Back