quick trip to vegas... need some advice.

ShanPeyton

Hey gang.

Headed to Vegas should be there around 10 tonight

Does anyone know of any cool boutique kind of guitar shops, record stores or whiskey bars that are worth checking out. Sure, I can Google but I don't trust Internet reviews.

I don't have money to gamble, and I'm not really a gambler. I'm going for a wedding. Will be there till the 8th.

I don't know anything about Vegas except that I wish they hadn't canceled CSI.

There's a big impressive guitar store, but now I can't remember the name. Got a a bad reputation anyway. And I'm sure with all of the big bucks floating around there that there are plenty of uber-high end guitar shops there, most are probably invite-only.

Thanks guys. We're going to go see what can just see I think. We walked the strip last night for a bit. Sensory overload. I'm really fighting off my wife's requests to go see Celine or Britney.

I am going to check out the pawn stars shop as well while we are down here and that other Cowtown place too if we can get there.

Thanks for the suggestions.

You came on a crappy day. It's raining and in the 60's...in the desert.

If you want to compromise and see a show that is worth watching, go see Le Reve at the Wynn. I think it's the best show in Vegas. None of that creepy, topless with a feather hat, showgirl nonsense. I'm glad that sort of thing is dying.

Thanks Farview. We were on a turbo restricted budget so we just did some exhibits in our hotel and the neon sign graveyard. Not a great neighborhood that the boneyard is in. My poor wife was walking to the museum off Freemont st snapping pictures of everything and there isn't a better description for it but folks were literally crawling out of the woodwork like cockroaches at the sight of that nice little camera. We took a cab back to the strip. The sign museum itself was pretty cool though all the bad neighborhood stuff aside. I really enjoyed that.

How was the rest of your Vegas trip, Shan. I went there about 7 or 8 years ago

It was pretty good man. I'd like to go again sometime when i actually have money to do something and not bound to a friends wedding. More free time would have been cool. I really liked that when you get a whiskey neat, it's actually a double. that was kind of cool. But maybe that's the way all of America works? I stand to be corrected. I am not a pisstank for the record. I just enjoy a good sipping spirit.

I didn't make it to the one place i wanted to go to which was the double helix wine and whiskey bar. that was a bummer. Weird hours and just didn't really trust the taxis after my first two days. I got duped twice it seems. Always felt they had to take us the long way / scenic around.

My wife and i are foodies and we love to eat stuff and new things so we kind of tried to take in as much of that as we could. Ate at a place called Mon Ami Gabi, supposed to be a french cuisine kind of deal. and it was really really good. Great atmosphere and we were street side so we got the water show from the Bellaggio while we ate. So, two birds, one stone. That was probably the best. House of blues was pretty good too. Great service.

Uh, other than that it was literally just walking up and down the strip and wedding stuff. My wife was the 'behind the scenes' photographer so she just followed the wedding quite closely most of the time. Our arrival and departure was flanked by some really great bands that was also a bummer. I would have liked to see some of them. But it is what it is.

I think you've always gotta go to someplace once to get to know your way around and to know what you want to do / what you'd do differently next time.

Anyway, sounds like you had fun.

Back