Quick test mix - legit?

prog-man

So i just recently purchased a Digidesign Eleven Rack and Steven Slate Drums and wanted to put together a simple little test recording to see if both products sounded legit. It's a short little recording, not the most creative number.....but it was just for testing purposes....so it's simple. I did spend a little time trying to get a good mix out of it though.

The left and right guitar tracks were recorded directly using the amp/cab simulation of the Eleven Rack....no mics were used.......i processed the guitar sound additionally with EQ and Reverb. The bass was recorded using the bass amp simulation of the Eleven Rack as well. The drums were produced using preset patterns in Steven Slate drums......i didn't do much processing with the drums....just some minor EQ tweaks and parallel compression.

I'm looking for feedback regarding the guitar sound, drums and overall mix quality.....i realize this little test song isn't very creative....but creativity was not the objective here. ....just wanted to see if i can get a pro sound out of the Eleven Rack and Steven Slate Drums.

Thanks in advance for listening.

Attachments

• 11R test3.mp3
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
I thought it sounded pretty good. i liked the guitar sound a lot. The drums sounded good.

I thought the bass sound was a bit too boomy. Like there is some frequency spike around 100-120hz. maybe a bit lower.

Thanks for the feedback....i think you're right about the bass......I started rolling off the low end at about 100hz.....it would probably benefit to notch out some at about 120hz.

Thanks for listening.

Cool sound. The synth in the background really gives that section a big, emotional feel. The mix sounded good to me. Thumbs up here.

Audiowriter

Back