Quick question...

MightyPOOsticK

I have a mackie 1202 vlz pro mixer. It has 4 xlr preamp inputs and i think 4 more 1/4 inch inputs. If I bought a small preamp, would I be able to go from the preamp to one of the xlr inputs?

If so I was thinking about this preamp:

BlueTUBE Stereo Microphone Pre-amp

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7...5121816705/search/g=home/detail/base_id/44105

Does it have 1/4 inch outputs on it so I can go to one of the mixer's 1/4 inch inputs? [EDIT: Yep guess someone should read the info a little better hehe =P)

Thanks alot!!

MightyPOOsticK said:
If I bought a small preamp, would I be able to go from the preamp to one of the xlr inputs?

You probably just mistyped this .... you can send a signal from an outboard preamp into any line-level input (1/4" on your mackie).

I don't think he mistyped.

musicians friend said it had XLR and 1/4 outs, so yes...you could send the signal from that preamp to any channel on your mixer...XLR or 1/4.

brandon.w said:
I don't think he mistyped.

musicians friend said it had XLR and 1/4 outs, so yes...you could send the signal from that preamp to any channel on your mixer...XLR or 1/4.

You could run into the XLR inputs but then you would be running a preamp into another preamp and that kind of defeats the purpose of using external preamps. Use the 1/4 jacks on the stereo inputs and not the 1/4 or xlr jacks on the mono channels because both of those inputs run through the preamp.

The XLR output is for plugging into recorders with balanced XLR inputs.

Back