Quick question

alex0203

Okay, I have a Tascam Dp-02 Portastudio and it has 2 inputs (input A and input B). I'm trying to record with 2 dynamic microphones at the same time, but it won't let me.

For example, I hooked one mic into Input A and assigned it to Track 1. Then I hooked up the other mic to into Input B and TRIED to assign it to Track 2. but my Tascam won't let me! What am I doing wrong?

Also, I've found that if I just use my condenser mic, I get some nice results, but the problem with that is, I won't be allowed to hook up a dynamic mic AND a condenser mic (because the phantom power will end up going to BOTH mics.) This is so frustrating.

I have limited resources, please help. What am I doing wrong here?

Make sure you are tracking in mono because in stereo you'd be using track 1 & 2 for input A.

Assign input B to track 3 if you want to keep it stereo.

It won't hurt the dynamic mic to have phantom power on.

have no experience with DP-02 but as a general rule phantom power should not adversely effect the dynamic

and in point of fact for a lot of small shows use a console that only assignes phantom by 8 channel groups so end up with a mix of condensor and dyanamics with phantom without serious problems

Make sure you are tracking in mono because in stereo you'd be using track 1 & 2 for input A.

Assign input B to track 3 if you want to keep it stereo.

It won't hurt the dynamic mic to have phantom power on.

I just tried what you said and it didn't work. It won't let me assign Input B if Input A has already been assigned.

Back