Quick question about cables

JDOD

therecordingrebels.com
No explosions and everything works fine from the line out on the back of the 2i2 into my home stereo. I've got into this habit of checking a mix on my reference headphones, checking it on my home stereo and downloading it onto my phone and checking it on a pair of earbuds when I go for a walk.

Had I been awake earlier I would have told you to buy two* sets!

You could then run the REC out from the hi-fi amp back into the line inputs of the F'rite and then record anything going through the hi fi system onto computer.

Also, treat the 2i2 as the "for everything" soundcard i.e. run Youtube etc audio through the AI.

*You can never have too many cables. They are the most unreliable part of any audio setup and ALWAYS fail at 2am of a Sunday.

Dave.

Had I been awake earlier I would have told you to buy two* sets!

You could then run the REC out from the hi-fi amp back into the line inputs of the F'rite and then record anything going through the hi fi system onto computer.

Also, treat the 2i2 as the "for everything" soundcard i.e. run Youtube etc audio through the AI.

*You can never have too many cables. They are the most unreliable part of any audio setup and ALWAYS fail at 2am of a Sunday.

Dave.

Yeah, I've always used my AI as my default soundcard.

Back