Questions on LE with FireBox recording

sickdrummer

Hi, we just got the firebox and it came with LE which we are Recording on a MAC with it.
This is what is all goin in at the same time
real Drums 4MICS
Vocals
Guitar
Bass
The questions i have are :
1.after we record a song it never sounds like one Instrument...ex:songs you hear on the radio sound like one Instrument..they sound like sepearate instruments. It this fixed with Mastering? I just want to be able to get the mix that some of these CDs have an so on so if you can point me in the right direction that would be great. I guess i mean just to tighting it up.

2.Which effects packages are out that i can use with this program? Better compressions,eq,Differnt Modulation for vocals, reverb and so on?

IF you can help thanks in advance. maybe this just takes more practice to get all sounds of each instrument right and setting the volumes when mixing.

I'm rather new to this, and not quite sure what you mean by songs sounding like one instrument (what type of music?), but I'm guessing the big difference you're hearing from your recordings and radio is EQing (this makes the mix mesh) and like you said, volume levels.

I was just checking in on this thread, and thought I'd add some basic info (not sure how much you know on this). When setting volume levels, make sure w/ the initial recording you're just getting nice hot levels out of every input. You can always drop the volume after the fact.

Back