Questions for those people that built a booth with moving blankets.

Canibus

Yeah I wanted to build the usual vocal booth but I'm seeing that it would take a lot more time and money so I resorted to this alternative. First off, moving blankets aren't the easiest to locate but I think my local U-Haul store might have em. So would you tell me if these are the blankets I need.
http://store.uhaul.com/product_detail.aspx?id=3053
When I looked at pics of some of their booths constructed of PVC pipes. They looked flimsy and even saw someone say they were. So I was thinking if it would be ok to build the frame out of 2x4's. How has it improved the quality of your vocals also?

Last edited:
I've never done it myself, but in the Metallica video "A year and a half in the life of Metallica part 1", they show Bob Rock using U-haul blankets for James' guitar cab to get a tight sound. If it's good enough for Bob Rock, I'd have to think it'd be good enough for the home user.

Have you thought about hanging them from the ceiling? Why make a frame?

SonicClang said:
I've never done it myself, but in the Metallica video "A year and a half in the life of Metallica part 1", they show Bob Rock using U-haul blankets for James' guitar cab to get a tight sound. If it's good enough for Bob Rock, I'd have to think it'd be good enough for the home user.

Have you thought about hanging them from the ceiling? Why make a frame?
yeah if professionals use it must be good. well let me explain though, im using this to keep a little noise out. i intend to do rap. but could you elaborate on what you mean by hanging them from the ceiling with what exactly

Canibus said:
yeah if professionals use it must be good. well let me explain though, im using this to keep a little noise out. i intend to do rap. but could you elaborate on what you mean by hanging them from the ceiling with what exactly

You can use hooks (Home Depot, Lowe's).

Or, some people have made a frame of PVC pipe, and attached/draped the blankets over it.

Back