Question

Crapmaster

Hey guys I am new to all of this so please bear with me. I have a dell 8100 computer 1.7ghz, 80 gig hd, and 256 memory with windows me. My friend is going to give me a copy of his reason program, I was wondering if anyone knows of a less expensive sythesizer and what kindof things I would need to get to connect that to my computer. I have usb ports and ieee firewire cable. Thanks a lot. I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

-Andrew

Regarding yoru synth question, there are so many models available on a wide range or price, so go to a store and see which fits your needs and budget.
To connect a synth to your computer you need 2 midi cables and to do this you need a joystick port to midi adapter like this for your soundcard.
http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--MIMSCMA6

Synth midi out > computer midi in (to record midi)
Computer midi out > Synth midi in (to trigger sounds in synth)
Synth line out > recorder (or soundcard line in to record audio)

After connecting the midi cables you will be able to modify the settings in the software.
You mentioned all your computer specifications but didn't mention teh important part - THE SOUND CARD. Having a good soundcard reduces half the problems. Good Luck!

Soundcard

Hey Jeyan, thanks a lot for all that information to begin with. My soundcard is a Turtle Beah Santa Cruz DSP. Will that work? If not what kind would you recomend to look into. I new I was forgetting something when I was posting that first message. Thanks again.

-Andrew

Back