Question!

wilko

Marking my territory
I have recorded a track with a drum machine on a BR1600. When I listen to the drim track it is crystal clear. Yet when I mix down, it is clipped..? I have checked the levels and added compression. On the DAW it is clean... when I put it on disc, it is badly clipped...? Why?

What kind of file are you mixing it down to? with what quality settings? try using higher settings if they are set to low

If just the drum track isn't clipping, but the mix as a whole IS clipping, wouldn't that be sort of indicative of an overall lack of headroom...?

At least, that'd be my first guess...

Your task then is to back track and find where its happening.
First off import the song track back into your DAW. Do you see the tops flatlined? When you play this mix that's 'ok', is it in fact going past zero on the peak meter?
Do you have a 'bounce to track' or 'mix down to a new' track of the mix feature in the DAW? That's a handy step to take BTW for several reasons, but in this case it'll help you trouble shoot.
The exact problem here could be a simple as 'you get to go over in the DAW, but you don't get away with that going out.

Back