question on versatile drum machines for four track recording.

bornmad

I am a novice at recording and I was wondering what kind of affordable drum machine I could get to help add rhythm to my recordings?

I was looking for some versatility with the machine not just typical metronome rhythms.

Could anyone suggests some brands or units that I could look into. Again I'm not looking for anything elaborate, just something that allows me to add my own unique drum interpretation to my tracks.

Also, something that is relatively affordable. Best bang for your buck type thing.

Thanks for your help.

Try to find a Roland R-70 used.It's the type of machine you can use on many levels,from basic to quite advanced,and there are enough features on it to keep you learning and growing for a long time.I found one for $99.95,is that enough bang for buck for ya?

You might find a used Yamaha drum machine as well. I have a Boss DR-770 and its great for creating your own drum patterns. I think it sells for around $370 but if you can find any of the older Boss Dr.Rhythm drum machines used you could probably do alright. Check ebay if you're into that. Use the search function for "roland" and "yamaha". I just bought an old DR-550 and Yamaha Latin drum machine for $80 and $50 respectively.

BTW, check out "boss" at ebay as well. I have used the Boss and Yamaha drum machines direct into my 4-tracker and get superb sound. Sometimes the Yamaha units require a little EQ tweaking to bring up the bass tho.

BTW, check out "boss" at ebay as well. I have used the Boss and Yamaha drum machines direct into my 4-tracker and get superb sound. Sometimes the Yamaha units require a little EQ tweaking to bring up the bass tho.

Back