this is my setup
computer with:
audiophile 24/96
studiophile sp-5b monitors
mixer
this is how i have it hooked up
output of aduio card goes to my power monitors
input of my card goes to the output of the mixer
this is right....but the problem im having is how do i monitor my entire mix with headphones so when i play the real drums i can hear the mix in my headphones to play along to? it obviously has to connect to the output of the card but that is takin up by the monitors. what do i need to do this besides a headphone amp?any help would be great.
thanks in advance

Your going to have to get some kind of splitter or switch if your card only has one output, unless you like swapping cables. I would go with a switch for convienience.

BTW this board has pretty relaxed moderation, but I think cross-posting will get you in trouble ;)

sorry about the cross posting im off from work today so i wanted to see if i could get my ans faster. sorry again...that switch your talking about do you think i can pick up somthing similar in radio shack cause the out puts are rca so i iget somthing that goes from those rca's to 4 rca then one set can go to the monitors and the other can go to the headphone amp if needed?sound good? or no?

The Shack has got a simple RCA A/V switch. Their site is kind of a pain though. They also have a remote control switch but that's like $40.

I bought a cheap mixer from Behringer for around $70 which sits between my soundcard and my speakers. The mixer has a headphone jack which will do this. Not much more than the Radio Shack solution.

Back