Question for Yamaha Audiogram 6 users

N-Light-N'd

Hi everybody. I need help with what should be a simple procedure.
I'm running an Audiogram 6 into the free version of Cubase that came with it. I have two guitar amp speaker cabs that I want to record simultaneously, but onto separate, individual mono tracks. I plug a mic from the left cab into the first channel on the audiogram. The right cab's mic goes into the second channel. When I set up the two mono tracks in Cubase, and select the input bus for each channel, no matter how I set it, I get a mix of both mics on both tracks. I want the left mic alone on track 1, and the right mic alone on track 2.

I have the stereo/mono button on the Audiogram set to mono position, but this doesn't help. The signal from mic 2 is either mixed with mic 1 or muted altogether. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1.Create two mono Group channels, say Group 1 and Group 2.
2. Rout the Output select (which is se to the Stereo Out by default) of your Instrument channels to Groups 1 & 2.
3. In the mono Audio tracks set to Inputs to record from Groups.

A.G

Thanks A.G. Much obliged. Just for clarification: When you say "create two mono group channels" do you mean creating them as busses in the input tab? The term "group" is still unfamiliar to me. Please clarify. The Audiogram has 2 channels only, so that's what Cubase lists when I go to add input busses. Channel 1 is left, channel 2 is right. I haven't tried changing the output routing (though I notice it is indeed always set to stereo) I'll give that a try. Thanks again.

The term "group" is still unfamiliar to me. Please clarify.
Right now I'm away of the Application but in the Cubase mixer click in a "blank" space and choose "Create Group Channel" something like that. A new menu wizard will open so you can set (2), (Mono) which will create two mono Group Channels. The Group channels are shown in the Audio Channels Input dialog so you can route from there.
And follow my first reply steps to do the all routings properly!
A.G

Ok A.G. I followed your instructions step-by-step and here's my results:

1.Create two mono Group channels, say Group 1 and Group 2.
Done.

2. Rout the Output select (which is se to the Stereo Out by default) of your Instrument channels to Groups 1 & 2.

Question: I'm dealing strictly with audio channels. Are there supposed to instrument channels present? For good measure, I added an instrument channel, but routing it to a group channel was not one of the options given. All I get is "No VST instrument or HALion one." My audio channels, however, do allow routing to groups 1 & 2, so I routed those accordingly.

3. In the mono Audio tracks set to Inputs to record from Groups.

Lost me here. When I pull up input routing for the audio channels in the inspector, there is no "groups" option. There are only the buses shown based on those I added in the VST connections window. Even in the VST window, it didn't give me "groups" as an option for an input bus. You mentioned "The Group channels are shown in the Audio Channels Input dialog so you can route from there." I don't see groups as an input route option for my audio channels at all. Please clarify. Thanks.

Back