question for those who use drumagog

wishtheend

I've been using drumagog at a friends house and was really impressed with how well it tracked. I'm curious, how good are the samples that come with it?

I'm looking for that current-metal sound that everyone rags on, but hey, it's what I do. Clicky bass drums, tight snares, pretty deep toms. I'm just curious as if it's worth getting another sample library.

Also, is there any way to use drum triggers with this software without having to buy some expensive drum modual?

I am sort of biased, but the sounds that come with it are really good (I made most of them) and can be used for what you describe. It will take some tweaking, but it will happen.

There are some samples closer to what you are looking for on Rock Drums Vol. 2

Farview said:
I am sort of biased, but the sounds that come with it are really good (I made most of them) and can be used for what you describe. It will take some tweaking, but it will happen.

There are some samples closer to what you are looking for on Rock Drums Vol. 2
Do you have any sample mp3s of those samples being used? I'd probley pick up one.

I use Drumagog quite often -- it's an excellent tool, and Farview's Drumagog Sample CDs (sold separately) are outstanding!

Here's a sample clip:

First segment is the original snare track, second is the same track using Farview's samples, and the third segment is a clip of the song with the replaced snare track.

Nice showcase. Defently not my kind of music, but the snare sits just as well in the mix. Was that the only track you sampled?

I'd still like to hear something more the style I'm aiming for before deciding. But I'm already pretty such I'm going to dig it.

Back