question for soundtracs topaz project 8 owners.

i just purchased a soundtracs topaz project 8 and i am going to pair it with an hd24xr. my question is ,how do i switch it from -10 to +4? the hd24 is at +4 so i need the topaz to be there also.

i dont see any switches for +4/-10 on the outside of the board. i thought that i read somewhere that the switching is inside the board. anyone know how to get to it?

also- do the cables to connect the hd24 to the topaz need to be trs or ts?

thanks -jay

maskedman72 said:
i just purchased a soundtracs topaz project 8 and i am going to pair it with an hd24xr. my question is ,how do i switch it from -10 to +4? the hd24 is at +4 so i need the topaz to be there also.

i dont see any switches for +4/-10 on the outside of the board. i thought that i read somewhere that the switching is inside the board. anyone know how to get to it?

also- do the cables to connect the hd24 to the topaz need to be trs or ts?

thanks -jay
Try:
http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php
Go to my forum and look for the thread marked: "Soundtracs Topaz +4 mod".
I've posted all the pages from the manual on how to do the mod.

thanks harvey, i was actually hoping you would respond to this as i know you are a topaz owner.

well dam, i thought there was a switch on the inside to go from -10 to +4. i have to bust out a iron though. i dont know about doing that myself. i can use an iron but id be a bit parinoid in this matter.

what will happen if i just leave it at -10 and run it into an hd24 that is at +4 and monitor off the hd24 back into the topaz?

maskedman72 said:
thanks harvey, i was actually hoping you would respond to this as i know you are a topaz owner.

well dam, i thought there was a switch on the inside to go from -10 to +4. i have to bust out a iron though. i dont know about doing that myself. i can use an iron but id be a bit parinoid in this matter.

what will happen if i just leave it at -10 and run it into an hd24 that is at +4 and monitor off the hd24 back into the topaz?
Change it to +4. It's not hard (if you've ever done ANY soldering, it's a piece of cake), just boring. The whole thing will take a couple of hours.

I have a 32ch Soundtracs Topaz that I purchased used a number of years ago. I've had great luck with it, but recently some of the input pots have gotten dodgy; crackling, spots in their travel where they drop 10 or 15 db in level. The problem seems to be getting both more pronounced and happening on more channels as time goes by. Anyone else had this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Back