Question for "racked" Tascam 38 owners

realmseeker

What screw type do I need to install the rack ears onto the 38?? The service manual says "round washer head M4x8" which is not long enough thread wise once the ears are in place. The rack ears are 5mm thick alone. I don't know much about machine screws so any help is much appreciated!

Don't know abut the 38, but I have a rack-mounted 34. The rack mounts are fastened to the deck with the original cover screws (same size & type as your 38).

I can't be sure without removing it from the rack, but I think the screw holes in the rack mounts (Tascam RM-300) that I have are recessed slightly.

Don't know abut the 38, but I have a rack-mounted 34. The rack mounts are fastened to the deck with the original cover screws (same size & type as your 38).

I can't be sure without removing it from the rack, but I think the screw holes in the rack mounts (Tascam RM-300) that I have are recessed slightly.

Yeah thats's the problem I'm having. The 38's bonnet panel is recessed about 4-5mm to the screw and the rack ears are flat.. I'm going to try out an m4x12 phillips to make up for the rack ear and divot. I think the original owner of the unit swapped out the old screws with smaller one's.

Hi realmseeker,

Having recently acquired a rack trolley for my TEAC X-1000R, I unearthed my rack mounting ears for it. In the box also, was the instruction sheet for the Tascam RM-300 rack ears, (for downloadable PDF, see link below), I have also found the original 34 bonnet securing screws. According to the sheet there were screws supplied with the rack ears.

I haven't had my 34 out of the rack, but if the screws (~20mm long) for the X-1000R are anything to go on. I would imagine that the screws that came with the RM-300 would be about the same.

PDF Link: File Store

quiberon

Back