Question for Professional Mixing Engineers

BrentDomann

Has a Dedicated Member.
Question for Mixing Engineers

I have had a couple of unsolicited but frustrating comments on a mix, and I'd like to get the opinion of a real engineer about what could be done to improve it.

I'll share the mix publicly because it's on the band's website, but I'd rather share the comments privately so as to avoid any of the commenters from other websites finding their notes here. Please PM me if you want to see them.

Some of the older songs have been mastered (very well, in my opinion) by a regular here, and I think that the comments we've gotten might apply to those songs too (which is why I'd like to talk to a pro - the comments themselves are a bit ham-fisted and the like).

The song is in the little web-player at the bottom of the page here: Cadets & Kings. It's called "Something Else." The song is pretty smashed through a couple of "mastering" plugins, but other than a little brightness and the volume (and its effects on dynamics) I don't think it's been significantly altered from the mix. I'm willing to share a straight mixdown privately, too, if necessary.

Last edited:
The mix sounds pretty ok to me but honestly there's a huge production problem with this song that might even influence about what people think about your mix

Mostly vocal related

Back