Question for guitarists who are using Guitar Rig and Logic Pro Amps

mattday72

Hello everyone.
Can anyone from the people who works with Guitar Rig and Logic Amp simulators give me some thoughts about reaching specific sound. Its used primary for pop-rock music.
I am talking about slightly distorted guitar that creates the whole texture of songs of this genre.
For example,
in the song Super girl by Reamonn - This guitar sound appears at the end of song.
Kinda similar sound we can hear in songs "Taylor Swift- You belong with me", "Miley Cyrus - Climb".
I've been trying to create so many variations of amp simulators, effects simulators, but still can't get even close to desired result.
If you're good at hearing, I'd be extremely thankful for your thoughts about finding a combination of emulators for clean electric guitar sound.
Thank you

When I want that special clean sound, rather than mic, I use a Red Box 5 with a dummy load, then GR5 to add anything. OR, I use the non-emulated DO of my Laney IRT Studio and again feed to GR5 for mic/cab sim and such.

In addition to GR5 and AmpliTube, I also have a BOSS GT-001. Of the 3, the GT has the best clean sound to me.

Using GR5 specifically, my favorite clean sound is the hot solo+ amp with matched cab, using the "Almost Clean" preset tweaked to taste. This is pretty convincing with a bit of 'verb using Little Reflektor. Your guitar/pups are obviously a big part of it too.

Back