Question about Zildjian Z customs

etnoziroh

I bought my zildjians before they started adding the name "Custom" to their Z and K series, it used to be just plain old K and Z. I sold my drums and cymbals a few years ago but have decided to look around and start over.

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with the Old Z series but these new Z Customs don't seem to be of the same high quality as the original Z's. A little thinner maybe? They seem kind of cheaply made. Will anyone here that owns or is familiar with the original Z series cymbals care to shed some light on this? Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me :confused:

OLD Z's

I would recomend going to Zildjians site.
I know what you are talking about though,I have an old
Z china that has a different pattern stamped on it than the new circles? As far as the thickness I haven't checked it out
I do know that my comparision between the old Avedis and the new A's :D have changed alot! The K's aren't as bright,(hence the dark series). and the sustain or wash is cut more.Doesn't ring as long.
I prefer the old 70's avedis but they seem to be getting few and far between. Hope this helps! :)

Hey. I have a Z custom 17" rock crash, it isnt "thin" by no means, actually,
it's a pretty heavy cymbal. As far as the sound of this cymbal, it's VERY
loud, its not what you would call a "warm" sound either, its actually kind
of shrill sounding but it has tonnes of sustain it rings maybe a little to much
for my taste. Their probably better suited for the metal gener IMO.
Out of all my cymbals, my Z custom is the one I use the least just cause
the sound is not a very "musical" sound, I only bought it cause I got
a really good deal on it. But it's a matter of taste, you might love the sound of the Z series ecspecially if you like loud cymbals cause these suckers
are freakin loud no doubt about it. Cheers

Back