Question about monitors??

bohunk06

I really want to get some Mackie HR824's...a studio my band recorded in used them and they were awesome. But for about $600 a piece, I think I need to pass. Has anyone got any experience with the new MR8's that Mackie is putting out now. I assume it is the budget friendly version of the HR824, but do they not even compare? Any thoughts?

Thanks

I want to know the same thing. My school had the 824's, I loved them. But I want to know what else is out there. I have about a $500-$600 range per monitor. Any ideas? I haven't heard a ton of positive reponse here about the Mackies.

I've always been leery of the idea of going used on speakers because of the 'ware parts factor (but then just broke with that notion on a pair of pa 'demos here.. :rolleyes::) ) Anyway there is that route. The trick might be identifying ones that saw moderate or short use, at least it opens up the possibility of getting into a higher bracket than you would otherwise.

I really want to get some Mackie HR824's...a studio my band recorded in used them and they were awesome. But for about $600 a piece, I think I need to pass. Has anyone got any experience with the new MR8's that Mackie is putting out now. I assume it is the budget friendly version of the HR824, but do they not even compare? Any thoughts?

Thanks
Nobody but you can tell what monitors are best for you. You ears are unique and they translate sound differently than everyone elses. The best thing to do is head to GC or whatever store has a variety of monitors and listen to your favorite cd on all of them, then choose.

Back