question about mastering to PC

BluesPower

Do you guys know of any software that will automatically adjust the levels on the PC/soundcard from a connected cassette or reel to reel player?

When I record from my portastudio to PC, I have to set the left and right levels on the PC first. It is usually very hard to get them even and I end up with an uneven left/right mix. Is there any software that will do this level adjustment automatically and evenly?

BluesPower said:
Do you guys know of any software that will automatically adjust the levels on the PC/soundcard from a connected cassette or reel to reel player?

When I record from my portastudio to PC, I have to set the left and right levels on the PC first. It is usually very hard to get them even and I end up with an uneven left/right mix. Is there any software that will do this level adjustment automatically and evenly?

Record a reference tone on your portastudio (a 1K tone at the 0 VU setting on 2 channels and pan them hard left and right). Adjust the output of the porta studio to output these tones at the same level. Then adjust the recording level of the PC to be about -18Dbfs on both the left and right channels, and leave it alone (unless you're getting digital overs) .

If the left and right channels aren't balanced after that, fix the mix.

Back