Question about inserts on a mixer?

dawg2k5

Can I use these to go out to my Delta 44?
My mixer only has 2 main outs, and I want to record 4 tracks simultaneously.

Thanks for any help! :)

Yes you can. But they will be Pre-fader and Pre-eq. So you adjust the levels via Mic gain/trim. :)

fweyd said:
Yes you can. But they will be Pre-fader and Pre-eq. So you adjust the levels via Mic gain/trim. :)

Depends on the mixer. Some mixers can switch their directs to post-fader.

dawg2k5 said:
Can I use these to go out to my Delta 44?
My mixer only has 2 main outs, and I want to record 4 tracks simultaneously.

Thanks for any help! :)

You should be able to, but if they are TRS inserts, you would only insert the cable to the first click, and not all the way.

scrubs said:
You should be able to, but if they are TRS inserts, you would only insert the cable to the first click, and not all the way.

I hate the first-click thingy, to insecure and potentially crackly. The contact that hits the ring on a TRS connector is usually not designed to "hold" a plug, just to make contact with it

So I just soldered a few cables with TRS cables to RCA (card inputs are unbalanced), but instead of wiring to tip and sleeve as usual, I soldered the signal cable (centre of RCA) to the ring-lug, and the ground to the sleeve-lug. Now you can push the TRS plug all the way in, so that it is secure, and still use it get a signal out.

Cheap and best, but of course it helps having rudimentary soldering skills (or a friend who does). Parts can be found in any radioshack.

Attachments

• TRS.jpg
    TRS.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 35
Back