Question about file formats in Cakewalk?

mjhigg

Alright, I am a newbie, to Cakewalk, that is. I just got a copy second-hand, without a manual, and was wondering if any of you experienced Cakewalkers could help me out with something...

I am importing analog sound to my computer, and using SoundForge to edit it. I would like to then import the .wav files into Cakewalk for multi-tracking, if possible. What I have gathered from the HELP section of the software is that Cakewalk uses .wav files, but with a different, Cakewalk-specific file extension. Do I have to record my tracks with Cakewalk, or can I import the .wav files into the program???

Yes go to 'Insert/wave file" and you can import a standard wave file. Select the track you want it in and set the cursor at the start as it will go to where the cursor is set.

cheers
John

Invest $25 in Cakewalk Power! It's offered at the Cakewalk site and through http://www.muskalipman.com

It will be the best $25 you have ever spent - well maybe a bit of a stretch but an excellent book covering all aspects of Cakewalk including CAL programming.

zip

Back