question about cables and soundcard

mikeyc222

i'm gettin ready to order some new cables and i was wondering, should i use speaker cables going from my mixer/preamps to my soundcard, or just instrument cables? any help would be great. thanks

Yup, shielded instrument cable. What inputs and outputs are you connecting? Balanced inputs and outputs? If so, you should use balanced cable. If not, just ordinairy instrument cables will do fine.

well, until i get some nicer hardware it will be unbalanced. but thanks for the info. i've heard alot of good things about markertek so i think i'm gonna order my cables from them

I always make my cables myself... It's easy... But I tend to solder inside CDrom-drives too here at work. They like me when I do that. That's about the only thing they's gonna miss me for. :D

Markertek is a good source, they have fantastic deals on Canare. In fact, I think their private label cables are mostly Canare.

Note: you can use a TRS cable to make balanced OR unbalanced connections. If the price difference isn't high, you might go with TRS instead of TS just so you won't kick yourself later on down the road.

Slackmaster 2000

thanx slack, i was actually just sitting here thinking about that. don't wanna have to order all new cables...again...once i upgrade more on my hardware

Back