QS 8.2, Sound Bridge, M-Audio USB Uno-?

brywool

Hi, I'm trying to drop sounds to a flash card so that I can have them in the order of my set list. I only use about 10 sounds and to have to hunt for each one, or have numbers all over my set list makes for slow changes.

So I got a Flash Card for the QS 8.2. I understand that using Sound Bridge, I can move patches from my QS to my PC, then with Sound Bridge to the card and then just access the card at my shows.

I've connected an M-Audio USB Uno (midi/usb connector) to my board and to my PC. I've sent Sound Bridge up to recognize that interface. However, when I do a midi test, Sound Bridge doesn't see the keyboard. I'm using XP, btw.

Is there an easier way to get the patches I need in a row, like a performance mode or something?

Is there a way to get the software to recognize the QS? I'm having a heckuva time and would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Is there an easier way to get the patches I need in a row, like a performance mode or something?

Thanks!

If you don't mind overwriting the patches in your User bank, you can just copy the patches you like to there in any odder you choose and forget Sound Bridge altogether. All of the patches/banks for the QS are available as SYX file downloads from Alesis so you can use those to restore the original patches if needed.

If you don't mind overwriting the patches in your User bank, you can just copy the patches you like to there in any odder you choose and forget Sound Bridge altogether. All of the patches/banks for the QS are available as SYX file downloads from Alesis so you can use those to restore the original patches if needed.

First Erich- THANK YOU for replying, I was seeing lots of reads and no replies.
So if I do this, I'm assuming the sysex is one big file dump rather than individual patches. If my midi communication is not working, then I'm not sure how I'd reload my patches. There's not, by chance, some kind of "restore to factory settings" thing on the Alesis, where the file is stored in the keyboard, is there? I'd love to be able to put these on a card as it seems so easy, but I can't seem to write to the darned thing.

Sorry, it's been a while since I looked at soundbridge. As I understand it, soundbridge is only used for transferring and storing audio samples not patches. To transfer patches and programs you either need a SRAM card or a computer with a MIDI librarian. You can write to the SRAM card directly from the Alesis without using a computer.

As far as your MIDI connections, If soundbridge sees the UNO but not the keyboard there are a couple of possibilities. One is that you have a channel mismatch in the configuration (e.g. the Alesis and soundbridge are on different channels). There could also be a communication problem between the Alesis and the UNO.

Do you have any other MIDI programs you can test the connections with (such as a MIDI sequencer like Sonar)? If not, you could download a free copy of MIDIOX to test your MIDI communications. This type of problem is difficult to troubleshoot without being present at the computer.

Last edited:
Sorry, it's been a while since I looked at soundbridge. As I understand it, soundbridge is only used for transferring and storing audio samples not patches. To transfer patches and programs you either need a SRAM card or a computer with a MIDI librarian. You can write to the SRAM card directly from the Alesis without using a computer.

As far as your MIDI connections, If soundbridge sees the UNO but not the keyboard there are a couple of possibilities. One is that you have a channel mismatch in the configuration (e.g. the Alesis and soundbridge are on different channels). There could also be a communication problem between the Alesis and the UNO.

Do you have any other MIDI programs you can test the connections with (such as a MIDI sequencer like Sonar)? If not, you could download a free copy of MIDIOX to test your MIDI communications. This type of problem is difficult to troubleshoot without being present at the computer.

The midi works great for recording. I've used that with Sonar and my electronic drums and there's no problem.
On the Card, I have a Flash card. Will that not work? I tried to write to it and it gave me some kind of message that it couldn't. Unfortunately, I'm away from it now, so I can't recall what message.

I'm not completely sure about the Flash vs SRAM card. I've never tried to do this and I'm just going by the manual and it is a little vague on the details. I does clearly state that the SRAM can be used for Programs/Banks. I think the main difference is that the SRAM card can be written directly from the Alesis and the Flash cards need to be written via SoundBridge.

For the MIDI communication - have you recorded MIDI from the Alesis through the UNO to Sonar (e.g., you only mentioned drums)? As it still sounds like the Alesis and UNO are not communicating correctly.

Back