qotsa/dave grohl/foo fighters

docpaul

Does anyone else share this opinion? The new qotsa cd has a great drum sound; as far as rhythm and the actual sound. Of course Grohl was the drummer. Now, the new FF cd has what I consider to be a very mediocre drum sound, and even the rhythms sound like a drum machine. I'm surprised that Grohl would be satisfied with that on his own album.

I agree to a point. I think that the way that they used heavy compression on the QOTSA tracks really did good for the songs they play. And I agree that some songs on OBO (mostly "Low") have a bad drum sound but I like the sound on "Lonely as You" and a few others.

I think Dave likes to experiment with more pro sound after 3 less-effected works.

Yeah, I don't mean to be harsh on the FF--I really like that CD. It's just that the drums stand out in a very impressive way on the qotsa cd.

If you listen to the drums very carefully on the FF cd and compare them to other cds that dave has played on you'll notice that there's a few songs he actually played on. He's always played a few songs on their cds and has acknowledged that fact but he wont disclose which songs he played on. once you learn dave's style you'll hear which ones he played on. its kinda funny when i listen to it now

Heard a brand new song by non other than Killing Joke on the radio last night with Dave Grohl on drums.

I HOPE that you guys that love Dave Grohl know who Killing Joke is...

:D

Back