punkish metal clip

GreenDank

Well I hate to re-post a tune, but I had this in the drum section since I used beta monkey and no one chimed in :( . Just lookin' from some feedback from you fine folks. It's kind of a test with the beta monkey loops, but if something is jumping out at you that sounds silly or like crap, pipe up!

I still need to add crashes. Not sure if this will happen with a keyboard or a drum module.

Rockin' ditty man. Drum loops sound pretty good. The only criticism I had was how dynamic the bass track was; you should compress the hell out of it. Keep up the sweet songs.

thanks for the comments.

'tis true that I quickly recorded the guitars and bass. I didn't compress the bass at all, and you called it! Nice ears. I'll be tightening that right up.

The 6-string guitars were run direct through a Line 6 Flextone I head, and I came out the speaker out into a Behringer Ultra-G. I think that works better than the head's direct out. I actually kind of like doing guitars direct these days, I just can't seem to get a good sound with a mic these days. It always sounds like it's in a can, really distant, different than "live," etc.

Them drums sound real good and nice job on the beats too. On headphones here, the kick seems a bit quiet. Lots of energy in the tune. I like that riffage at 0.58, reminds me a bit of Iron Maiden. Heh I'd offer to play drums, but I can't play that fast :D . Nice tune man good job

Back