Punk Rock "Start the Ride"

The intro was Very Gainesville-ish sounding .............

till he started singing.

(which on my third listen the vocals are kind of sitting in my face i dunno if those should be dropped back a notch)

But not important. Personal taste again.

Mix sounds great. Im not sure about the bass? Its got the midish clank and stuff which is typical of alot of punk genre's but its not filling out the bottom end of the guitars as much as it probably should?

it may just be my personal taste though.

but for the genere it sounds great.

The shakers were a nice touch. haha.

The guitars are out of tune.......

I personally wouldn't consider this punk, but whatever. This is like No Doubt with a slightly more male singer. Slightly.

The mix is really good. The bass sounds great to me. Very nice drums too. I hate the dude's voice, but it seems to be sitting okay to me. The guitars are my only nit. Their tone aint great. Everything is present and audible though, so they should be happy with it.

thanks for the input guys. :)

I'll be working on listening deeper to the mix for sure. The guitar tuning seems to be something the band has had issues with before, I suppose it's become somewhat of a trademark for them.

Thanks again for listening guys!

It was authentic, fer sherrr. I hear a lot of stuff like this live, and on the college stations. You're in the pocket...whichever one that might be. I reckon you'd pull a good 21 to 25 year-old crowd with this blend and energy.

The guitar amp tone is real transistoir. Are they?? Might be a great kitty project to get a couple Marshall half-stacks for the guitfiddlers.... and Robo-tuners??

Sounds like a rocked up Willie De Ville. The vocals are a bit unuual for the current understanding of punk BUT Richard Hell, Tom Velrain, Poly Styrene each had very unusual & often thin/shrill voices.
Not punk by my understanding of it (despite the tuning issues) - maybe an updated newwave?
I like the bass.
I like the song too!

Sounds like a rocked up Willie De Ville. The vocals are a bit unuual for the current understanding of punk BUT Richard Hell, Tom Velrain, Poly Styrene each had very unusual & often thin/shrill voices.
Not punk by my understanding of it (despite the tuning issues) - maybe an updated newwave?
I like the bass.
I like the song too!

Ray!
yeah. I realize this one is definitely not punk for sure! I guess i'm leaning to "alternative" or "skunk". Whatever zone No Doubt was in. thank you for lending your ear on this!

Hey Jeff!

Man, that would be insanely awesome. We actually tracked the guitars through an Orange Head/Cab combo and used the distortion right off the head. Believe me, having a Marshall stack would only enhance what we got here.

I thought about sending it out through a Fender Twin Verb amp we have here, but I guess time and budgets are a thing of the past. I hope to bring up new mixes with that suggestion!

Back