Punk-o-matic

lyricist

www.wimp.com/punkomatic

Has anyone played this?

Is there any indepth music program similar to this out there?

This is just a "game" with premade little beats that can loop, and you put them together like a puzzle almost to make a song.

Im a beginner with "composing" music and I am just wondering if there is something more indepth with much more beat loops that I could put together like a puzzle to create an original song?

I mean, I can make a song from scratch with my synth. But for someone like me, it's too time consuming and I would like to beable to create someting fast just for practicing.

this is just for fun dude...it's a lot of fun, but it's unlikely you'll get anything worth keeping out of it...

Programs that can produce drum beats use samples of actual drum sounds which you put together in patterns. It's essentially the same as that site, just for real. There's lots of beat machines, hardware or software. I've really only used software - like fruityloops and Reason. Reason's also great for adding synth and bass to the mix...great for making hip hop or techno music. Fruityloops mostly just makes drum loops.

Jacob

jkokura said:
this is just for fun dude...it's a lot of fun, but it's unlikely you'll get anything worth keeping out of it..

Jacob
What?

LOL! This is just a game, I know..although I did save one of the songs I made. Tee hee.

But that wasn't my question. I'm asking if there is an INDEPTH program that works as this does. Eg- you already have premade loops and you combine them together like a puzzle to create a song.

lyricist said:
What?

LOL! This is just a game, I know..although I did save one of the songs I made. Tee hee.

But that wasn't my question. I'm asking if there is an INDEPTH program that works as this does. Eg- you already have premade loops and you combine them together like a puzzle to create a song.

Sorry dude...I edited after you posted.

Jacob

With FruityLoops, you can download/buy premade "loops" and samples and sequence them into songs. It takes soem practice.....but practice makes perfect! Before you know it, you'll be making weird rock-techno music! ;)

I actually have fruity loops. It did seem to be geared toward "techno" stuff. & I didnt really like their sounds.

I'll run a search for some loops though and see

lyricist you totally kick ass man!!!! :D :D :D

I've been playing with that punk - o - matic thing for like 2 hours. It's rocks man! That's the most fun I've had all day long (ok, I'm a loser, so what?) Thanks for posting that man. I'm sending a little postive rep your way to get you started.

Sorry I can't help. But thanks for helping me with my boredom.

I'm a girl :o

No problem though glad you had fun ha ha!

Check out the beat I made:

--6-2---2-88-2-852-85-2-6-2---2--822-852-85-2-6-2---2---2--82---2---2---3---3--8211190---0---0-----------------0---0-----------------0---0-------0---9---------------434-b------------1---1---3-0---a---a---1---1---3-0---a---a-7-a77-a77-a77-4-4-a---a-7-8-8--

(So you go to load and paste that in)

I'm going to record vocals on this for fun.

Cool.

LMFAO!!!!!

I'm putting the song I made as a "hidden track" on my band's upcoming ep. I'm going to put my "cookie monster death metal" vocals over it. It's going to be just plain stupid.

If I knew anything, and I mean anything about making something with flash I would built the "gore metal o matic" right now. It'd have all the same stuff but with heavier guitars and double bass drum stuff. That would be so increadibly awesome.......

Anyways, if I can figure out how to post my song, I'll let you hear it. And if I can figure out how to paste yours, I'll give yours a listen.

Take it easy girl. :D

you could also use Acid to make songs out of loops. i've played around with loops from Beta Monkey (www.betamonkeymusic.com) for drums and they have some real good stuff and the prices are good too. so check em out if you want. as for guitar loops, im not sure where to look since i usually record my own guitar stuff. good luck. :D

Yours was pretty good. I liked it a lot. Check out mine, if I could convince (insert pop punk singer's name here) to sing on this, it could get on the radio......

:D ok maybee not

8822882288226-0---0--80---883-3-3-323-3-886-0---0---9-------886-7777886-2-2-282-2-9--a-0-a-0-a-0-8-4--a4--a4--5a-1-2-1-2-1-2-a-8-4--a4--ab-7-0-4-a-8-2---a-8-7-0-4-7-7-a-b--6---8---6-9-2-a-2-2-2-4-6---5---5---5-6-9-2-a-2-a-a-------8-9-0-1-4-9-6-2-86-28----

Edit - Seriously though, that was WAY too much fun. It was like going to disney world (I still hate my parents for not taking me :mad: ). Does anybody else have anymore "games" like that? . . . . . . . . . I've got some recording gear and some more serious stuff, but that was a really fun game and I like to play more like that.

lyricist, there seems to be a contradiction between wanting something 'in-depth' and wanting pre-manufactured loops.

fruity loops is a POS, imho.
Acid is ... ok.
try Reaktor, or Reason. (i prefer reactor)
try ableton's Live.

NationalSandwic said:
lyricist, there seems to be a contradiction between wanting something 'in-depth' and wanting pre-manufactured loops.

fruity loops is a POS, imho.
Acid is ... ok.
try Reaktor, or Reason. (i prefer reactor)
try ableton's Live.
It could have been taken that way

i meant moreso as..anything seems it would be more indepth then this silly little punk o matic game.

Yes, i dislike fruity loops. But i havent checked out any downloadable loops soo. *shrug*

Thanks for the recs.

zed32 said:
you could also use Acid to make songs out of loops. i've played around with loops from Beta Monkey (www.betamonkeymusic.com) for drums and they have some real good stuff and the prices are good too. so check em out if you want. as for guitar loops, im not sure where to look since i usually record my own guitar stuff. good luck. :D
Aw. I would mainly want guitar loops.

I can lay down other things with my synth. Guitar is the hardestestestesttt

JazzMasterWil said:
Yours was pretty good. I liked it a lot. Check out mine, if I could convince (insert pop punk singer's name here) to sing on this, it could get on the radio......

:D ok maybee not

8822882288226-0---0--80---883-3-3-323-3-886-0---0---9-------886-7777886-2-2-282-2-9--a-0-a-0-a-0-8-4--a4--a4--5a-1-2-1-2-1-2-a-8-4--a4--ab-7-0-4-a-8-2---a-8-7-0-4-7-7-a-b--6---8---6-9-2-a-2-2-2-4-6---5---5---5-6-9-2-a-2-a-a-------8-9-0-1-4-9-6-2-86-28----

Edit - Seriously though, that was WAY too much fun. It was like going to disney world (I still hate my parents for not taking me :mad: ). Does anybody else have anymore "games" like that? . . . . . . . . . I've got some recording gear and some more serious stuff, but that was a really fun game and I like to play more like that.
I went here:

http://butcher.satyr.nl/permaLink_89552572

And listened to some of the stuff users submitted- OMG ITS CRAP.

And i said "maybe its crap because mine is so good" and i got banned. lol. So?

For some reason I can't paste your code. I'll try again later

Back