punching in????

pratt

currently using Cubase 5.0 VST32

how the hell do I punch in?

I want to start recording a segment at a specified time and still be able to hear what's playing, PRIOR to the punch in point...

I hate to vent...but the cubase manual SUCKS!!! I've goine through it multiple times with no luck in learning how to do this...

thanks

Agree about the manual.

I've learned most everything by trial and error.
Here's how to punch in:
1. Enable your channel for recording.
2. Set your R and L locator points for the part you want to record.
3. Go to the transport bar. On the far left at the bottom corner, set "cycle recording mode" to "punch." At the top left corner, set "recording mode" to "replace."
4. Now, look at the little box labeled "AQ." Just to the right of this is another box with an angled line on it. This is your R punch in point. Click it and turn on the light to activate it. Activate the L punch out point, two boxes to the right, the same way. You can see the punch in and out positions numerically listed just above these boxes. You can also set them there by typing in the position numbers.
5. Start your playback before the punch in point. Press the "play" arrow, not the red "record" dot. Playback will begin. When it gets to the punch in point, you will see the red record light come on.

Hope this helps.

thanks!!!

amazing how limited the 800 page or so cubase manual is....

thanks for your help:D

Back